Teal Pumpkin


Happy Halloween! Since this week's new post falls on a holiday, I have a quick craft for ya. Before the trick-or-treaters came to our house this year, I decided to participate in the Teal Pumpkin Project. It's a movement to let kids and parents know which houses will have non-food treats (instead of or in addition to candy) for Halloween. It's a nice gesture to have something on hand for kids who have food allergies or diabetes or any number of reasons why candy might not be a good choice for them.


So I grabbed one of the pumpkin pails that was sitting in our basement (I grabbed a few of them one year from Target on clearance after Halloween), a can of teal spray paint, and a cardboard box. A few coats later--voila--a teal pumpkin!


You could stick some gravel or sand in your pumpkin and stick a light in it to set on your stoop, or like I did, print off one of the signs from the website to put on your window and then fill your teal pumpkin with your non-food goodies. I had some Halloween pencils and temporary tattoos and a handful of toys from cereal boxes to give out to the kids this year.

I hope you all have a safe and Happy Halloween!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plastic Wrap Alcohol Ink on Small Ceramic Bowl

Splatter Resist Alcohol Ink Tile

Alcohol Ink Washer Necklaces