Easter Egg Wreath Repair


6 years ago I made a wreath out of plastic Easter Eggs. It was one of my first in depth projects I posted on the blog. I was super pleased with how it turned out since it was made out of old plastic eggs and Easter grass that I just had laying around, but it looked brand new.


Every year since then I have dutifully hung my egg wreath on the door each Easter season. This year, I discovered that the wreath had fallen off of the shelf (it probably got bumped when getting out Christmas decorations) and broke. Two eggs fell off and a few got broken when it fell on the concrete basement floor.


One of the broken eggs I was able to find a matching egg in my stash and simply swapped out the top halves. I added a little extra glue to it just in case it didn't fit perfectly together. The other egg--the purple one, I couldn't find a matching half for, but I did find a few eggs that were pretty much the same color. The top half of the egg wouldn't fit on the old bottom half, but the whole egg did sit neatly into the bottom half of the old egg. So I just glued the whole new egg into the old bottom half with hot glue, and you can hardly tell.


When I was done gluing back on the eggs that fell off and replacing the broken pieces, I added a little bit of Easter grass in a few places (with a chopstick) and then gave it a good hair cut. After 6 years, the grass had started to get a little hairy looking, so a little trim was needed.


All in all, it has held up pretty well. The eggs have started to fade a bit and the bow is a bit more smooshed than it used to be, but otherwise, it still looks great on my front door.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plastic Wrap Alcohol Ink on Small Ceramic Bowl

Splatter Resist Alcohol Ink Tile

Alcohol Ink Washer Necklaces